In addition to being a practicing designer, I also love working in a leadership role—managing, teaching, mentoring, hiring, and training. I'm passionate about putting designers in positions where they can shine, grow, and create wonderful experiences for users.
Leading Design Teams
- Experience managing design teams of up to seven designers, both at design consultancies and in-house
- Consistently tasked to leading the team with the most pressure to successfully launch a well-designed product on time
- Collaborate on design strategy
- Evaluate designs and provide direction
- Build design team relationships with executive leadership, clients, contractors, and internal cross-functional teams
- Scope, prioritize, and plan product roadmaps
- Teach public classes for Cooper in Interaction Design and Putting Personas to Work, plus Cooper's UX Bootcamp, an intensive program for advanced practitioners
- Develop curriculum for Cooper's Putting Personas to Work class
- Teach private training on user research, design strategy, creative ideation, incorporating design into culture, pair design, and building effective product teams
- Regular guest speaker on Pair Design at General Assembly SF
- Provide guidance and career management to senior designers, helping them define their personal path and identity as a designer — identifying areas of strength to share with the larger team and areas of weakness to improve.
- Mentor junior designers, bringing them up to speed on process and techniques, as well as general design principles and best practices.